Professional Program in Dentistry
- A dentist is one of the health professionals who are professional in providing dental and oral health services to the community.
- Oral and dental health is very important because it can affect the health of other parts of the body and a person’s speech and aesthetic functions.
- Dentists are still very much needed in Indonesia because the level of dental and oral health in Indonesia is still lacking.
- Undergraduate dentistry is an education that produces professional health personnel in the field of dentistry science and technology, which is the main basis for carrying out dental services and care to the community.
Faculty of Dentistry of IIK Bhakti Wiyata Kediri has the following objectives:
- Producing graduates who are professional dentists, in managing dental and oral health problems through an approach.
- Being promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative as well as being able to take advantage of traditional medicine to improve public health based on dental ethics.
- Carrying out education in the fields of basic dentistry, basic medicine, and public health as well as the application of dentistry which is carried out in an integrated manner with cross-sectoral.
- Being able to master and understand the principles of communication and dental and oral health services as well as civilizing the community to independently improve the community’s dental and oral health status.
Starting from the objectives of the undergraduate dentistry and dentists orientation as well as the competencies achieved, the career opportunities for dentists can be located in:
- Independent dentist practice
- Central hospital/general hospital/private hospital
- Community health center
- Civil servants/private employees in the health sector
- Other places that provide health services (factories, state-owned enterprises, regionally-owned enterprises, etc.)
- 1st internship lasts for a week at Province Training Center in Health, Murnajati-Lawang, Malang Regency
- 2nd internship lasts for two weeks at community health centers in Kediri Regency
- 3rs internship lasts for three weeks in community health centers in Malang Regency
Clinical Clerkship Science
Oral Surgery for 3 weeks at Kediri District Hospital (Pare) and Emergency, Internal Medicine, and Surgery for 3 weeks at Dr. Soedono Madium Regional Hospital
- Dental and Oral Hospital
- Biomaterials Laboratory
- Dental Anatomy Laboratory
- Dental Radiology Laboratory
- Pre Clinic Laboratory
- Dental Conservation Clinic
- Orthodontic Clinic
- Prosthodontia Clinic
- Oral Surgery Clinic
- Pedodontia Clinic
- Periodontics Clinic
- Oral Medicine Clinic
- And many others
Achievements of Professional Program in Dentistry
Achievement of Dentist Professional Education